Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I love Utah...

TODAY. Its peaceful, beautiful, snowing, and there is a sheep living in my backyard/field. Honestly I love Utah, I don't think there is a better place for outdoor recreation and it is beautiful. But the Salt Lake Valley? I have recently realized that I hate the valley. Visits to the costco zoo, stoplights, and a week of inversion and freezing rain have recently convinced me of this fact: I really miss rural living. The catch? Rural areas don't host major healthcare centers, which are a major facet in mine and my husband's careers. Jentry and I discussed this the other night and this was the result of our conversation:


5 Places I REALLY REALLY want to live


5. Logan, Utah


Pros: Rural, but big enough to support a Walmart and a few places to dine out, Beautiful, close to Bear Lake, relatively close to family, good recreational opportunities.

Cons: Suffers from inversion, No major medical Center, however, Jentry and I decided the U should open a satelite hospital there to serve the Northern Utah and Southern Idaho small towns and foster rural physicianship.


4. Park City, Utah




Pros: Most potential for reality, beautiful, lots of snow, 3 world class ski areas, lots of outdoor rec, right smack dab between our two families, has a Walmart that is not overcrowded, outlet mall, close enough to feasible commute and work at the U hospital or Primary Children's.

Cons: Commute over Parley's, cost of living, lots of developement


3. Flagstaff, Arizona




I don't know that much about Flagstaff , except its in the mountains and I went there once and really liked it. Also its in Arizona and they have good produce there, probably my main reason for wanting to live there!


2. Durango, Colorado

Again, I don't know much about Durango other than I really want to live there. I went there once and I really liked it! I know it is beautiful, it has a Walmart, there is lots of outdoor recreation, and there is a car named after it. I don't know if there is a large medical center there, but feasibly there could be. But it is very far away from family.


1. Jackson Hole, Wyoming



Do I really need to say anything about why Jackson is my number one pick? I think If we really did get to move there I would probably die of happiness before we got there. Just to humor you I will go through the pros and cons

Pros: Grand Teton National Forest, 2 Large Ski areas, Beautiful, small, really cool, need I go on?


Cons: No large medical center, but I think I could make a good case for opening one there, I don't think they would have any problems with staffing. Kind of far from family, but closer to sister and all of them would want to come visit us all the time!

1 comment:

DuncanAndCandice said...

I love you blog it is so much fun to read, It was so much fun to talk to you last night... I think out of your five choices my 1st would be Flagstaff I think it is so beautiful there I didn't want to leave. Your puppy is so cute I am now trying to talk Duncan into letting me get one...