Sunday, March 30, 2014

Top 10 Reasons I'm excited to move to Maine

1. Maine is one of only states in the US with absolutely NO RATTLESNAKES. I will be able to hike in peace...until I find something else to irrationally obsess about!

2. I will only have to worry about the zombie apocalypse for a few months out of the year, you know cause zombies freeze in the wintertime.

3. Lenny the 1700 lb  Chocolate Moose...need I say more?

4. Lobster rolls and clam chowder....mmmm mmmm...get in my belly!

5. Berry picking galore! Cobblers, pies, and jams, oh my!

6. My snow boots will finally get some use...and also my snow shovel, window scraper, hats, gloves, parka, wool socks, ect. Ect.

7. Fall is my favorite season and nobody does fall like New England!

8. Ummm...Moose Safari? I think I just died and went to heaven.  Moose heaven that is.
9. Flannel will be considered fashionable there.

10. Maine is nicknamed Vacationland. Who wouldn't want to live in a place called Vacationland?! (My Maine  vacation bucket list includes but is not limited to hiking and camping in Acadia national park, skiing at Sugarloaf, a country ski hut to hut trip, and a canoe trip on the North Forest Canoe trail!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love, love, love Maine!!! My husband is from there. I have spent many happy moments in that great state. In my perfect world I would live in Utah in the winters and in Maine the rest of the year. Where in Maine are you moving to? I have family there. We visit Maine often. Best wishes and I would love more details. Shawnee "Skeeter" Loris