Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Cookies

All of my life I have watched other people doing cute, creative, and artistic things. I have always coveted their ability, resigning myself to the fact that I was not born with these talents. Recently I have decided that I am going to try and overcome my creative "dis" ability. You can do anything if you put your mind to it right? So I have been poking around websites and magazines, undertaking projects that seem like they wouldn't be too difficult....some of them have turned out alright, while other undertakings have gone slightly awry. Anyway last Monday night one of my Co-workers brought us some Santa Clause Christmas cookies to work. They were absolutely adorable! Now you see, not being able to make really good looking christmas cookies has always been one of my great disapointments in life! I know thats not really the point of making christmas cookies, they're to eat not to look at! Thats what I have always told myselft, but I've always had a secret desire to make christmas cookies that look like they belong on the cover page of the december issue of Better Homes and Gardens! So instead of devouring my santa clause sugar cookie, I spent a few hours studying it and going over possibilites in my mind. I decided that maybe I had a shot, so last night Jentry and I went over to his parent's house (my kitchen is nowhere near suitable for such an undertaking!) to do some baking and docorating. It was a lot of fun, group christmas cookie making has not been a part of my life for a few years and I had forgotten how enjoyable making Chritmas cookies could be, listening to christmas music and having fun with your partners in crime!

I was also VERY SUPRISED and PLEASED with the end product of our endevours!

I told Jentry he could decorate his cookies however he wanted to. He did not take the invitation lightly....he came up with some very interesting creations!

People often ask me if I have any children and my response is always, no, I have a HUSBAND, and that is quite enough! Do you now understand what I mean?







Yay for Christmas cookies and ingenuitive thought!

1 comment:

Tristen and Scott said...

Nice job on the Santa cookies! I know exactly how you feel about lacking in creativity, but you did a great job! I also know how you feel about having to take care of your husband:) The couple months that I wasn't working at the end of school I would tell people that I was a stay at home mom of my husband. It's a good thing they are so cute!